McCarthy Panel Works has been putting Mackay motorists back in the driver’s seat for over 50 years. We pride ourselves on our quality workmanship and outstanding customer service.
McCarthy’s were the first collision repairer in Queensland to gain an I-Car Australia Gold Class Certification. McCarthy’s has maintained that certification ever since. This is a testament of our commitment to providing our clients with the highest standard of service.
At McCarthy Panel Works, we strive to give you the full customer service experience. This includes assisting with guidance throughout the repair process. We understand how inconvenient it is to have your vehicle off the road, so we endeavour to return your car to you as quickly as possible, without compromising on quality.
At McCarthy’s safety is paramount, so we ensure that your vehicle is returned to you with the same ENCAP Safety Rating as pre-accident.
Training is key at McCarthy’s. Our whole team regularly completes training on new vehicle technologies and the latest advancements in repair techniques.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a quality insurance company, they should offer Choice of Repairer
However not all will. If you are unsure you can give us a call.
Most insurers will direct you to a repairer of their choosing. Our advise is do your homework when purchasing insurance and when selecting a repairer.
Choose one that is working for you and with you.
McCarthy Panel Works is a Holden Collision Repairer and a CommInsure preferred provider. However, we accept repairs from all insurance companies and independent repairs.
Without seeing the damage to the vehicle, there is no easy answer to this question. That is why it is always best to bring your vehicle in for an estimate
There are many factors which determine how long a repair will take:
- If we need to order in additional parts unforeseen at time of estimate
- delivery timeframes;
- The complexity of the repair;
- Insurance claims;
- Unexpected changes that may be out of our control, i.e. weather forcing delayed shipments of parts, our machines breaking down etc.
- The availability of Sublet repairers- Mechanics, Dealers, Signage, Glass fitters
We do our best to ensure our clients get back on the road as quickly as possible. But we will never compromise on quality and safety. We stay in contact with you, and if your job is likely to take longer than expected, we will notify you as soon as we can with updated information
With new cars coming onto the market each year it may seem unfathomable that the team at McCarthy Panel Works can ensure your car’s technology remains uncompromised during the repair process. However, we assure you that our experienced team takes extreme care when dealing with sensors, cameras, driver assist technology and more.
- Check for information bulletins, and repair procedures
- Check for damage to any driver assist systems;
- Check indicator lamps and display messages;
- Protect the car’s data and share data with any third party (i.e. manufacturer) if necessary.
On most occasions once the repair is done, we run a post-repair code clear and calibration.
Each insurance Company and policy has a purpose. You have to decide what is important for you and your vehicle.
- the premium price could remain the same but the extras may have changed
The key areas to pay attention to are
- Does your policy have Choice of Repairer?
- Has your Excess amount changed? Eg from $600 up to $800?
- Has you hire vehicle option been included?
- Has the windscreen option been included(this is especially important with screens requiring calibrations)?
Putting you back in the driver’s seat with the latest equipment, techniques and safety procedures.
Get in Touch
Please fill in your details below, and we will give you a call.